www.diariodorock.com.br: Grandes Momentos do Rock \\ PHILIP ANSELMO And SLAYER Perform PANTERA Classic In Greece
"Satan laughs as you eternally rot!"

2 de jul. de 2013

Grandes Momentos do Rock \\ PHILIP ANSELMO And SLAYER Perform PANTERA Classic In Greece


Philip Anselmo (DOWN, PANTERA) celebrated his 45th birthday by joining SLAYER on stage last night (Monday, July 1) at the Heavy By The Sea festival in Athens, Greece to perform the PANTERA classic "Fucking Hostile". Fan-filmed video footage of his appearance can be seen below.

In the last couple of years, Anselmo and SLAYER guitarist Kerry King have taken part in several installments of the "Metal Masters" clinic series, during which they have played a number of PANTERA songs alongside select cuts from SLAYER.

Speaking to Artisan News, King stated about "Metal Masters": "The reason I still do it to this day is to get Phil involved, because I think the world misses him. He's good at what he does and I'm one of the few guys he looks up to to the point where he'd come out and do it. And I'm not blowing sunshine up my ass; it's just a fact. And everybody wants to see Phil. Everybody loves Phil. When I come out, it's a huge applause. When Phil comes out, it's like somebody came back from the dead; they're not expecting it. And it's cool."

In a recent interview with Full Metal Jackie, Anselmo stated about performing PANTERA songs at "Metal Masters": "I'm up there with guys that I've known since the '80s who have a good five, six years on me of playing music and being successful, people that I looked up to and still look up to… The thing is just being up there with those guys is overwhelming enough, but then playing the PANTERA songs, don't get me wrong, it feels great, it feels fantastic, and it does bring me back to a very powerful place, a very unique place in history. I guess, growing up and cuttin' my chops and growing up with the guys in PANTERA, and we always played with a chip on our shoulder and you get that rush of memory when you're up there doing it, but it's a lot of emotions balled up into one, but they're all pretty damn good. For me, the most fun thing about it of all is just seeing the fan reaction. I've always said that PANTERA fans were the best in the world, and I truly meant that and I still mean it. That's why 'Metal Masters' keeps the pulse of the whole thing going."

0 comentários:

<< mais lidas

© Copyright - Diário do Rock - Headbangers Blog! - Todos os direitos reservados
anthony@diariodorock.com.br