www.diariodorock.com.br: Walk with me in JAIL \\ LAMB OF GOD Frontman Gives First Jailhouse Interview: I Can't Wait To See My Family And Friends
"Satan laughs as you eternally rot!"

17 de jul. de 2012

Walk with me in JAIL \\ LAMB OF GOD Frontman Gives First Jailhouse Interview: I Can't Wait To See My Family And Friends


Czech tabloid Blesk.cz has published what it claims is an exclusive jailhouse interview with LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe, conducted via his attorney.

Blythe was arrested in the Czech Republic on June 27 and is facing manslaughter charges in connection with a 2010 Prague concert at which he allegedly shoved a local fan off the stage. The man, who is said to have stormed the stage three times during the show, reportedly suffered a brain hemorrhage that resulted in his death nearly a month later.

Blythe's next Czech court appearance is scheduled for Thursday, July 19.

A rough BLABBERMOUTH.NET translation of Blesk.cz's interview with Blythe follows below.

Blesk.cz: What is your recollection of the incident that happened at club Abaton in Prague during LAMB OF GOD's concert in May 2010?

Randy: "I don't know anything about any sort of incident [that allegedly took place during the concert]. I remember very few details about the show, mainly because I have played a lot of concerts [before and after the gig in question]. I just remember that the stage at the club was very small, and we barely managed to fit our equipment on there. Also, apparently there was a security guard there because many people climbed onto the stage — including one small boy, in particular, but I could be mixing up details with what happened at other clubs. Since I don't wear my glasses while performing, I see little more than blurry outlines. In any case, I did not attack anyone. The only way I could have come into contact with anyone from the audience was if I was protecting myself from [people bumping into me when climbing on the stage]."

Blesk.cz: How are you spending time in custody and with your fellow inmates?

Randy: "I read, I write letters to friends, family, and I also keep a diary. I get along very well with [my Mongol cellmate], and I am even trying to learn a bit of Mongolian. I'm starting to write a book about my time in the Pankrác prison and come up with lyrical ideas."

Blesk.cz: Do you have reservations about cooperating with the Czech police and getting justice in your case?

Randy: "As far as the police is concerned, I believe that they have acted very professionally and followed the principles of good conduct. But in terms of justice, I honestly do not know what to expect because it is different than the U.S. I thought that if I made bail, I would be released."

Blesk.cz: On Wednesday (July 11), you received a visit from your wife. Are you getting a lot of support from your family and your fans?

Randy: "My meeting with my gorgeous wife was beautiful and encouraging. I have received messages and support from family, my friends and my bandmates, who all missing me, and I cannot wait to see them all."

Blesk.cz: You have made bail, and it appears that you will soon be released from prison. What are your future plans?

Randy: "If I go back to the U.S., I will mow the lawn, spend some time with family and plunge right back into performing, so that I can pay for my legal fees. I have to help my friends earn some money so that we can live decently. If I had to stay in the Czech Republic, I would look at the sights, especially in Prague. I would follow Kafka's footprints and I would eat dumplings."

Randy has been charged with causing "bodily harm of the fourth degree, resulting in the death of a fan" and faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

Blythe, who has already posted bail of 4 millionCzech Koruna (approximately $200,000), will have been imprisoned for three weeks by the time he gets his next day in court.

This week's hearing will reportedly involve a panel of judges that meet to review the prosecutors bail challenge; they can approve the bail or annul the bail.

0 comentários:

<< mais lidas

© Copyright - Diário do Rock - Headbangers Blog! - Todos os direitos reservados
anthony@diariodorock.com.br