www.diariodorock.com.br: MEDA \\ MACHINE HEAD Frontman Attends Birthday Party Dressed In Drag
"Satan laughs as you eternally rot!"

22 de jul. de 2013

MEDA \\ MACHINE HEAD Frontman Attends Birthday Party Dressed In Drag

MACHINE HEAD frontman Robb Flynn turned 46 this past Friday, July 19, while on tour with the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival. To commemorate the occasion, as well as to celebrate the birthday of Mayhem and Rockstar Taste Of Chaos organizer John Reese, a party was thrown last night, with Flynn sporting a complete style transformation by attending the event dressed in drag (see photo below). He says: "My goal was [to look like] the 70-year-old hooker from the movie 'Barfly'. SUCCESS!!!"

In the latest installment of his online blog, "The General Journals: Diary Of A Frontman... And Other Ramblings - Life Affirming", Flynn wrote: "I'm going to be 46 [on July 19].

"46!!??

"Born under a bad moon on July 19th, 1967.

"Where the hell does the time go!?

"I'll tell you where. It goes into a whole lotta rockin'! We’re talking about an entire lifetime of playing metal for a living.

"Since I was 16 years old, I've been playing some heavy-ass music, damn near 30 years now and I tell you what… I may look a little bit older, I may crawl outta bed a little bit slower, but I'm out here killing this shit!! Giving kids half my age a run for their money and just plain KILLING IT! Let's see how many of these kids are still around when they get to my age? Will they still be playing heavy? Will they still be in it for life? Will they still love it? Will they stick it out through all the up’s and downs 30 years into it? Will they still be in it for the thrill? And above all, will they still able to make 5,000 to 10,000 people lose their fucking minds night in, night out?

"We'll see.

"It's been fun getting here and I'm feeling really good right now. 46 years old...? Nah... 46 years young, motherfucker!"

0 comentários:

<< mais lidas

© Copyright - Diário do Rock - Headbangers Blog! - Todos os direitos reservados
anthony@diariodorock.com.br