www.diariodorock.com.br: Killing the Dragon \\ RONNIE JAMES DIO: 'Cancer, I'll Kick The Hell Out Of You'
"Satan laughs as you eternally rot!"

30 de mar. de 2010

Killing the Dragon \\ RONNIE JAMES DIO: 'Cancer, I'll Kick The Hell Out Of You'


Houston, Teas' KIAH-TV (Channel 39) reports that legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) has been going to M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas since late last year when he was diagnosed with stomach cancer.

"Why come to Houston? It's the best hospital, " Dio said as he got ready for a round of chemotherapy on Monday.

"I've been poked and prodded in holes I never had before," Dio said.

Dio, 67, first noticed symptoms after Halloween. He felt chest pain and indigestion that eventually led to the cancer diagnosis. Dio now comes to Houston every two weeks for treatment.

"I'm lucky that I'm a hard person in terms of my beliefs," said Dio.

Dio then has a direct message for the tumor in his stomach: "Cancer, I'll kick the hell out of you."

"Ronnie is a very feisty person, He's taking in in stride. He just wants to get on with his life," wife/manager Wendy Dio said.

Getting on with life means flying in from Los Angeles, five hours of chemotherapy, then flying back home. Sometimes band members, like bass player Geezer Butler, come for support.



Wendy Dio is always with him. The treatment seems to be working, Wendy Dio said the tumor is getting smaller, all of this in a man with a very big voice who expects to go back on tour soon.

"The fans have been incredible, it proves to me that I've done something right with my life," said Dio.

Watch a video interview with Ronnie James Dio and his wife/manager Wendy Dio below (courtesy of KIAH-TV).

0 comentários:

<< mais lidas

© Copyright - Diário do Rock - Headbangers Blog! - Todos os direitos reservados
anthony@diariodorock.com.br