www.diariodorock.com.br: Traduza\\ STEVEN ADLER Says 'Chinese Democracy' Is 'Not GUNS N' ROSES'
"Satan laughs as you eternally rot!"

12 de ago. de 2010

Traduza\\ STEVEN ADLER Says 'Chinese Democracy' Is 'Not GUNS N' ROSES'


Nicole Powers of SuicideGirls.com recently conducted an interview with original GUNS N' ROSES and current ADLER'S APPETITE drummer Steven Adler about his new tell-all autobiography, "My Appetite for Destruction: Sex, and Drugs, and Guns N' Roses". A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

SuicideGirls.com: The last time we saw you was on VH1's "Sober House" when you'd very much relapsed. How did you get back from that?

Adler: Well, as you recall, I got arrested on the show. I went back the next day and they showed me the film of how I looked and acted. I was devastated. It crushed me that I looked so terrible and that I was such an asshole. And it's all because of the drugs. It made me see. I think everybody who has somebody in their lives that has a problem with drugs or alcohol, they should videotape them and show it to them the next day. I guarantee you'll change your mind on what you're doing with your life. I was devastated. I don't want to ever look like that again.

SuicideGirls.com: Did that give you a new perspective on how you must have appeared to the other members of GUNS N' ROSES back in the day?

Adler: Exactly. Exactly. Working with Dr. Drew I learned so much about myself and about life. It's been nothing but a pleasure and an honor having him in my life. Also, in recovery there are relapses. I relapsed a couple of times in the last two or three years. The last time I relapsed was five months ago. I had to start all over again five months ago. Out of all the drugs that I've done in my life, I never did that OxyContin stuff. And I was at the wrong place accidentally at the wrong time and somebody gave me a couple of those, and then three weeks later my wife shows me a picture of me passed out in the hallway of the house. I saw that and it reminded me, it brought me right back to "Sober House". I called Dr. Drew and Slash up and I said, "I got myself into this predicament and I need some help. Can you do something for me?" He said, "When can you go into detox?" And I said, "Right now!" And see me, just showing an effort to take care of myself, I have everybody backing me.

SuicideGirls.com: What prompted you to write the book?

Adler: Well, I hail Dr. Drew, because he has opened my eyes to things. What I wanted to do with this book, I wrote [about] everything in my life that bothered me and hurt me, and when I get off tour in two months I'm going to build a bonfire and I'll take the book and I'm going to throw it in the fire and I'm going to leave the past behind. Maybe in fifteen years from now I'll write a new book. Maybe I'll have a crazy interesting life again. But for now, I want to keep that in the past. I can't change the past. And with the band, we're brothers. We're always going to be brothers. And what do brothers do? They fight with each other.

SuicideGirls.com: You hurt the people closest to you.

Adler: You might not like each other all the time, but you're always going to love each other. And what the five of us have, no one — not even Axl [Rose] and his lawyers — can take away. We have something special, and if we got into a room together again I would hug all those guys and tell them how much I love them. I'm hoping that Slash and Axl and Duff [McKagan] and Izzy [Stradlin] read this book, but I want especially Axl to read it because I want him to see, maybe it'll open his eyes to what a special thing we do have. More than anything I would love to do something with those guys because I feel like I want to finish what I started with them. We could be bigger than ever.

SuicideGirls.com: The GUNS N' ROSES legacy shouldn't end with "Chinese Democracy".

Adler: That's not GUNS N' ROSES. He should have called that W, dash, A, dash, R. W-Axl-Rose, W-A-R. I think it would have worked out much better for him. Because GUNS N' ROSES is five guys. The last song I recorded was "Civil War" and tell me if I'm wrong, but I know I'm not, after that song it's a completely different band.

SuicideGirls.com: Right.

Adler: It is so hard to find four or five people that you can get in one room and everybody has the same feeling, the same direction, the same love, the same desire. Where everybody knows what everybody is going to do before they're going to do it. That's what makes something special. There's millions of great musicians, millions of bands, but there's only those rare few that are special. There the PINK FLOYDs, there's the LED ZEPPELINs, there's the QUEENs, the AEROSMITHs, GUNS N' ROSES.

Read the entire interview at SuicideGirls.com.

0 comentários:

<< mais lidas

© Copyright - Diário do Rock - Headbangers Blog! - Todos os direitos reservados
anthony@diariodorock.com.br