www.diariodorock.com.br: Traduza\\ SLASH Says Singer MYLES KENNEDY Is 'F**king Amazing'
"Satan laughs as you eternally rot!"

14 de set. de 2010

Traduza\\ SLASH Says Singer MYLES KENNEDY Is 'F**king Amazing'


Legendary guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) tells BostonHerald.com that his current working relationship with the frontman of his solo project, Myles Kennedy, has "reconstituted [his] faith in lead singers." He adds, "Making my solo album, I worked with 18 singers who were all fantastic, so I'm not as bitter about the concept of lead singers as I once was."

According to Slash, drummer Matt Sorum originally wanted Kennedy to be VELVET REVOLVER's frontman before Scott Weiland came into the picture.

"After Scott got, um, after we parted ways with Scott, we gave Myles a call, but he turned down the offer to be in VELVET REVOLVER because of ALTER BRIDGE, which is very commendable all things considered," Slash says. "Then, when I was finishing my solo record and had just two songs left that I needed a lead singer for, his name just popped into my head. We'd still never met, but I knew he was approached by LED ZEPPELIN to fill in for Robert Plant, which is pretty prestigious."

Regarding how Kennedy is doing as the the singer for Slash's touring band, the guitarist says, "Myles is (expletive) amazing. It's very surreal how he handles the stuff he sings. I'm doing GN'R songs I've never done solo before, and Myles manages to own them without changing the style or trajectory of the song. Which is a fantastic (expletive) ability."

Read more from BostonHerald.com.

0 comentários:

<< mais lidas

© Copyright - Diário do Rock - Headbangers Blog! - Todos os direitos reservados
anthony@diariodorock.com.br