www.diariodorock.com.br: Traduza\\ NIKKI SIXX: 'I'm Very Disappointed In SAMMY HAGAR'
"Satan laughs as you eternally rot!"

3 de mai. de 2011

Traduza\\ NIKKI SIXX: 'I'm Very Disappointed In SAMMY HAGAR'


Washington Post Express recently conducted an interview with MÖTLEY CRÜE/SIXX: A.M. bassist Nikki Sixx. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Washington Post Express: You express love for MÖTLEY CRÜE [in your new book, "This Is Gonna Hurt: Music, Photography And Life Through The Distorted Lens Of Nikki Sixx"], but you also voice some criticisms.

Sixx: I don't feel I crossed any lines that, as a fan, I'd be upset with. Sammy Hagar wrote a [critical] book ["Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock"], and, honestly, I'm very disappointed in Sammy, and it bums me out to even want to hear VAN HALEN. I'm a positive fan, and I have a hard time listening to VAN HALEN with Sammy Hagar singing now.

Washington Post Express: But the closing quote about MÖTLEY in the chapter about how you helped guitarist Mick Mars recover from pain-pill addiction is heavy: "They hadn't visited him at all. This band runs on rock 'n' roll, but sometimes I wonder if there is any soul in it."

Sixx: It's true, though. We're trying to get better. We're very dysfunctional.

Washington Post Express: For all the stories about rock and recovery, it's your sister Lisa who defines and haunts this book.

Sixx: Yes. I came to that revelation sitting in my [photo] studio writing this book. I looked up [at the props] and it was like everything was in slow motion: I looked at the wheelchair, the little children's polio legs, the 1800s medical stuff, the children mannequins — and I said, "Oh, my God, this is all about her." It was freeing moment but also one of the scariest and most painful moments. I looked around the room and thought, "I've been trying to resurrect my sister."

0 comentários:

<< mais lidas

© Copyright - Diário do Rock - Headbangers Blog! - Todos os direitos reservados
anthony@diariodorock.com.br