www.diariodorock.com.br: MEDA \\ CREED Singer Has 'Love' And 'Respect' For GODSMACK's ERNA After Public Apology
"Satan laughs as you eternally rot!"

30 de out. de 2010

MEDA \\ CREED Singer Has 'Love' And 'Respect' For GODSMACK's ERNA After Public Apology


CREED singer Scott Stapp says he has "nothing but love, forgiveness and respect" for GODSMACK frontman Sully Erna after Erna issued a "public apology" to the members of CREED, and in particular Stapp, for using a derogatory term for a homosexual male to describe Scott (see video footage below). The reference was made during Erna's lengthy speech midway through the final song of GODSMACK's set at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut on October 9, which saw Erna challenging the audience to form a massive pit on the floor of the venue and "tear shit up."

In his letter of apology, Erna admitted that he had "no excuses whatsoever" for making the "insulting and disrespectful comment" about Stapp but explained that "there has been a lot of bad blood for many, many years between myself and Scott concerning his actions towards a young fan he disrespected and how he has treated people in the past." He went on to say, "I am a 42-year-old dad, with a great career and a much bigger purpose in life than to be stuck in my juvenile past, and wasting my time carrying around useless grudges. I myself have made many mistakes in my life and was no angel, but have been forgiven for those mistakes. So I am here to bury this once and for all."

Stapp took to his official Twitter profile on Friday (October 29) to address Erna's apology, writing, "Sully, I have nothing but love, forgiveness and respect for you, bro. Keep rocking and I look forward to catching your show in Florida with my son Jagger. Rock on."

0 comentários:

<< mais lidas

© Copyright - Diário do Rock - Headbangers Blog! - Todos os direitos reservados
anthony@diariodorock.com.br