www.diariodorock.com.br: DIO Eterno\\ KORN Guitarist On DIO's Passing: 'What A Tragic Loss For The Metal World'
"Satan laughs as you eternally rot!"

20 de mai. de 2010

DIO Eterno\\ KORN Guitarist On DIO's Passing: 'What A Tragic Loss For The Metal World'


Earlier this week, Tim's TV conducted an interview with KORN guitarist guitarist James "Munky" Shaffer. During the chat, Munky spoke about the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) on May 16 after a six-month battle with stomach cancer.

Commented Munky: "Jonathan [Davis, KORN singer] and I were so bummed. He came to me in the bus the other day, and he was almost in tears. And I'm like, 'Dude, what's wrong?' And he was like, 'I've gotta tell you something. Ronnie James Dio died.' And I was like, 'What? Are you fucking kidding me? Wow.'

"What a tragic loss for the metal world.

"I think that he was actually my second concert that I [ever] saw in Bakersfield.

"We wouldn't have this [flashing devil's horns] without him.

"But the music that he left the world with, he'll always be alive in those recordings.

"I actually did have a chance to meet him once — [he was] a really humble, sweet guy."

Watch the entire interview below. (Note: The Dio portion of the chat begins around the six-minute mark.)

0 comentários:

<< mais lidas

© Copyright - Diário do Rock - Headbangers Blog! - Todos os direitos reservados
anthony@diariodorock.com.br