www.diariodorock.com.br: Traduza\\ DEVILDRIVER talks about COAL CHAMBER
"Satan laughs as you eternally rot!"

30 de dez. de 2009

Traduza\\ DEVILDRIVER talks about COAL CHAMBER


On the breakup of his previous band, COAL CHAMBER:
"Everyone was addicted to speed [by the end]. When you have people around you up for four days at a time, they can't do their jobs. At that point, it's time to leave. If you're unhappy in a job, or a marriage? Leave.

"I can't say for certain that we'd still have been together if those things hadn't happened — but we may have been. It certainly didn't change because the tide was changing on the band; we were bigger than ever, we were selling out shows. There wasn't any feedback on nu-metal; it wasn't an 'ugly' word at the time.

"I simply left because the friends that I loved in the band were doing drugs and ruining their lives. By me singing on stage, I was giving them the money and the opportunity to destroy themselves. To save my friends, I bailed. That's all I can say. I mean we all talk now. They're all off of hard drugs. Because COAL CHAMBER broke up, they got to save their own lives. I basically left overnight. I couldn't take it. I just didn't want to be involved in that."

pdclinks.net

0 comentários:

<< mais lidas

© Copyright - Diário do Rock - Headbangers Blog! - Todos os direitos reservados
anthony@diariodorock.com.br